Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I believe


I believe that when I am giving my best I can go beyond what I am capable of doing. I learned this while playing hockey. I started ice-skating when I was little and then started playing hockey when I was 7 and first moved to Norway. After playing hockey I decided that this was my favorite sport. Next after two years, I moved here to Malaysia and joined a hockey team. I started as the best player on my team and I stayed on my team and was still one of the best players until I went to 7th grade. At that point I thought I was as good as I could possibly be for my age. But then my current coach suggested that I joined a more advanced team of a higher level. During last December I joined my new team and I found out that everyone in that league was at least 18 or older, there is even my friend’s dad! I felt proud to be in the same team with all of these players and it made me realize how much better I can become and how if I work my hardest I can improve and compete with even the best of the players in my new league. But now the season has ended and my team got to the finals only losing twice to a team called the Vipers. In the finals we were scheduled to play that hated team, they were our rivals. The game ended in us winning the finals the final score was my team, the Warriors had 5 goals and the Vipers had 4 goals. It was one of the best games I had ever played. The other team was winning 4-3 and with one thirty seconds left our best player, who plays on the Malaysian national team, tied the score. After that we took the game in overtime and won the gold medal and the league title. This certain experience showed me that you could always get better and improve on whatever you are doing whether it is sports or schoolwork.

No comments: